RC Charities

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Tue Feb 17 05:44:32 AKST 2004

Ron,

First, everyone knows that runway damaged wing tips are a direct result of
the builder installing those "skid" devices on the wing. Leave 'em off and
never any damage. Now we also know that a plane with a damaged wing tip is
still flyable, but it just does not "present well" hence the need to
discard. There are many charitable RC organizations that can benefit
greatly from such a donation. My favorite one is  "Stick Flyers
Association of America" and if you check that little box  on the donation
form you can be assured that your nicked up plane will go to a needy 10
year old with an ARF Stick... Once your concious is clear, and now you can
sleep at night knowing you no longer have a unpresentable plane in your
midst, you can purchase a new one.....

And for the rest of you with scraped up wing tips....now you know why you
never win.  You are starting with at least a 1.5 point deduction from most
judges.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering