Voltage Regulator

JOddino JOddino at socal.rr.com
Mon Feb 9 15:22:15 AKST 2004

The highest input voltage is 15V which is determined by a tantalum capacitor
on the input.  This could be changed if one wanted to run higher voltage.
However, the combination of high voltage and high current requires the IC to
dissipate more heat.  The current in a pattern plane is not a problem with
8.4 volt input but in some of the IMAC planes they get some hefty currents.
I recommend running two regulators in parallel in those cases and Don at
Don's Hobbies says they have never had a problem with that setup.  If you
don't get your current down you might need to add heat sinks when using
Li-Ion packs.  That is the part I use Tom.
Jim