Realflight G2 tragedy, was El Nino Realflight files, thanks

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 07:03:12 AKST 2004

That is good advice, but unfortunately I used my Yahoo email account to send the files, it does not save outgoing messages unless you explicitly save them.

FWIW, here is how this tragic event transpired, maybe other will avoid my error. . . . .

I have an RCJOY interface for my Stylus TX. I used it with the original version of Realflight with no problems. I upgraded to Realflight G2 (the one with the USB transmitter/interface option) on a Windows XP machine. The RCJOY shows up as a valid game controller in Windows, but the Realflight TX does not. In Realflight G2, the Realflight TX is the only device shown in the drop-down list, none of the other game controllers show up. According to the Realflight help screens, the list is generated from the Windows Control panel, but obviously something else is going on.

So, I check the Realflight website knowledge base. They don't mention anything about RCJOY per se, but they do have a procedure to install the Realflight TX drivers in Windows XP. I figure if I can get Windows to recognize the Realflight TX, maybe then the Realflight program would recognize the RCJOY.  I tried adding the device manually per the instructions, but the driver is nowhere to be found. So, I uninstalled Realflight, not realizing it would delete my custom planes in the process. After uninstalling Realflight and checking the directory under c:\program files, I realized I had deleted everything, including my custom setups. I do backup my files occasionally, but only the stuff under My Documents. Live and learn.

Anyway, even after following the instructions, there is still no driver to be found for the Realflight TX interface, so I am no further along than when I started.

Xavier Mouraux <xavier.mouraux at sympatico.ca> wrote:
Bob,

Have you checked in your "sent" messages of your email program? The message you send to other may still be there with the attachments.
Just in case you didn't

Xavier