F3A / AMA / Progression

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Thu Dec 30 12:24:14 AKST 2004

I flew one ONCE, about 1988-9 at the Shawnee Mission, KS Field with a black and white Eclipse(Henry Piorun's design)--Thought to myself that I would challenge ANYONE to fly it any better.  All by my self.  Bob P. and I were chatting about that very thing at the Ft. Scott contest that guys need to remember that when you fly that perfect sequence--chances are pretty good you'll be the only one to see it.  I was glad to do it at least once--because it's been 16 years or so since!

Richard S.