Snap Rolls.....are they legitimate/ RE: displacement during snap rolls discussion

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Dec 30 08:50:12 AKST 2004

Maybe so, but I personally don't think that the design elements for each have to be mutually exclusive. I don't think that if the snaps are removed, the present designs will HAVE to change much, just that they CAN. Designing an airplane will be easier, as will the setup, simply because there are less criteria that have to be met with a single design.

I remember when the general consensus was that for a plane to snap roll well, it HAD to be short coupled, and for a plane to fly smooth and straight, it HAD to be long, neither of which is true.

Bob Richards.

Dean Pappas <d.pappas at kodeos.com> wrote:
Wow ... That sure is true!
Happy New Year,
                Dean Pappas

from Dave:
  BTW - the "ideal" airplane design and setup changes pretty dramatically if snaps are not part of the sequence - same thing can be said to a lesser extent if the combined roll/loop manuevers are absent.