Participation

HankPajari at aol.com HankPajari at aol.com
Wed Dec 29 19:17:29 AKST 2004

I am a lurker here.  Belong to the NSRCA but haven't started competing  yet.
I am one of those types that learn by reading and listening.   Doesn't mean I
get any better but I have one heck of a good time anyway.

I absolutely agree with Ed.  The maneuvers ought to be such that a  pilot can
be competitive in the first several classes using an affordable  aircraft and
radio.  I don't think it is reasonable to expect someone to  pop for a $2,000
plane and engine just to find out if he wants to play.

Back in the caveman days I was able to compete in A pattern with a straight
wing Ugly Stick!  I didn't win of course but I didn't come in dead last
either.  We had a whale of a time!  My buddy flew in C pattern and  usually placed
fairly high.  We all worked together and had a good  time.  Is there a thread
showing here (fun)?

Really, to the great majority of guys I have met in the past 30 odd years  of
playing with toy airplanes, the idea was to relax, learn, and have a  good
time.  Now we seem to be mired in the yuppie mess of one upmanship,  showing
off, and conspicuous spending.  I find that sad.

I miss those "good old days."