Dual Elevator Thingy.

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Dec 27 09:41:48 AKST 2004

Steve, Hyde engine mounts (and Hyde type, homemade units), are  unsurpassed
when it comes to engine vibration attenuation. I would wittle a  little and fit
this mount in.

The smaller models are not as easily outfitted with dual servos at the  stab.
There would usualy be a CG or weight  penalty. Its a great solution  for
larger planes tho.

The MK belcrank is okay, except the main pushrod will need some support to
keep it from shaking in synchrony. This set-up is surprisingly heavy even with
single servo driving the whole contraption.

The twin carbon push rod set-up (that Nat Penton originated some 25 years
ago, BTW) is an excellent alternate method.

My favorite is pull-pull because of the 4 point independent adjustment
available, and overall lightness of the system. The lightest around at around  1/3
oz complete with clevises and couplers.

BTW, thanks for the plug. When setting up pull-pull, simulate dynamic load
on the surfaces by using rubber bands to pull the surface back to center (from
behind the plane) when setting up cable tension. Light tension on the cables
is  far better than heavy tension BTW. Guitar string tightness will wear the
servo  out prematurely. Please remember, eye bolts only for the hook ups. I've
had  Dubro threaded couplers rip through steel cable before, so beware

MattK

In a message dated 12/27/2004 11:18:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,