Another "Looks About Right" 90 Size!!!

Terry Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Mon Dec 27 03:05:54 AKST 2004

That's an easy one to answer. Only 2% of the R/C community participates
in competition. The 0 size bird can be produced at a very reasonable cost
that the average sport flier is willing to invest. The target market for
these planes is the sport community, not the competition community.

The real challenge for us, is to get the buyers of these planes INTO the
competition community once they find out just how good these planes are,
and how much BETTER the 2 meter ships perform.

I look at these planes as "setting the hook", now we have to reel them
in.

I bought the Excelleron for two reasons. First as a knock around plane to
fly all year long that will let me practice my sequence, and have minimal
finalcial investment at risk. The second, is to show it at the club
field, and try to get another recruit or two into pattern, since they
will be able to do it for about the cost of a good trainer, about double
if you get them to go with coreess servos, and a top engine.

Terry T.

If you "have" to have a 2M plane, how come all these manufacturers are
cranking out these 90 -size ARF's with such alacrity???

Bob Pastorello
NSRCA 199  AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net