YS 160 Sport ????

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Thu Dec 23 08:55:45 AKST 2004

YS 160DZThe DZ series takes a lot of learned technique to operate effectively. Once you have it down it is easy, BUT if you are a sport-flyer and have one of these engines you get into a world of hurt really quickly.

I repaired a 1.40 sport this week that had a corroded regulator, bad bearing and a badly scuffed piston. As I worked on the motor I could not help thinking that it would be so easy to make a 1.60 sport version if I had the right parts.

Then I thought, "I wonder if YS would ever consider coming out with a 1.60 sport?

The plumbing is much easier than the "L", the starting is pretty straight forward, etc.

I can't imagine that the DZ 1.60 will get used much beyond our pattern world. A YS 1.60 Sport would, however have a much broader appeal?

Regards,

Eric.