Pattern Growth & the K-Factor

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Tue Dec 21 17:05:23 AKST 2004

Guys,
 If it means anything to you, a copy of the "old" K-Factor and a CONTEST
SCHEDULE were all I needed to find out about a Pattern Primer, meet a great
bunch of guys (who actually helped instead of laughing at my flying skills)
and get hooked on pattern. Last Summer I was flying a scratch-built Super
Kaos Jr. in Sportsman but next year I'll be flying a Focus in Intermediate.
Yeah, I'm hooked. And... I've managed to get a few other guys in my club
interested in pattern too. I told them that pattern can teach you to fly
better, so... "3D" stuff will be easier. See, they're already sold on 3D but
they're trying to figure out why they keep crashing when they try to do
maneuvers so close to the ground. Right now I have 3 guys working on the
Sportsman sequence and planning on going to some contests with me. One of
them is even thinking of buying an Excelleron. What's even better is now I
have a caller at my practice field. Last year I had to fight off swarms of
park flyers...

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com

---