Excelleron with OS 91FX in Intermediate ?

Pattrnflyr at aol.com Pattrnflyr at aol.com
Tue Dec 21 14:22:21 AKST 2004

I have a scratch built Typhoon 909 that weighs around 8 to 8.5 pounds.  The
"Littlephoon" has 909 square inches of wing, about a 70 inch wing span.  I fly
intermediate at 5500 feet MSL.  The YS91 did not have enough to fly the Int
pattern, because of the two maneuvers you mentioned.  I put a YS 110 in the
Littlephoon, and now I have plenty of power swinging a 15X8.  I have no experience
with the OS, but I would think the YS would be a little lacking.

See ya,

Bruce