Ellection process - use the bylaws it's easier

tony at radiosouthrc.com tony at radiosouthrc.com
Mon Dec 20 06:01:04 AKST 2004

Grow Pattern:

As President of NSRCA, let me describe what actually happened, not what you
THINK MIGHT have happened...

I asked Mike Dorna to handle the process of nominations from the start, as
listed in the by-laws.  I have no idea where you get you miss-information
from, but you seem to easily believe it and are quite willing to pass it
around on the NSRCA discussion list prior to getting any facts....

Because the word "should" was used, I didn't believe that I was required to
follow this.  The reason is that I was not aware that it had been done in
previous years, as no other officers brought it to mind...  Personally, I
think it was a very poor choice of words if it was indeed meant to be a
requirement...  However, after finding out that this was indeed done before,
I quickly corrected MY MISTAKE and worked to get a CPA firm to do this.
Because one of the candidates works for AMA, it was out of the question to
use AMA as the organization to count the ballots.

In order to keep it all above board, we had our printing company print and
mail the ballots, using the membership labels that are used from our
membership data base.  This kept all the officers out of the process.
Unfortunately, the mailing was a few days late (going out in early December,
rather than late November) due to a problem with the printer obtaining the
mailing labels.

Because this is all now pretty much required to be "hands off" by the
officers, I don't know of a way to correct ballots that are not received by
members.  If officers get involved, then they (we) can be accused of only
sending out ballots to those that we wanted to... How do those that are not
on the e-mail list know what to do to ask for a new ballot?  You see, there
is no easy solution...

Next time, try to get some facts prior to making allegations.....  You know
my phone number.....

Tony Stillman
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd.