RCU

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 18 18:28:30 AKST 2004

Thanks Don!

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-request at nsrca.org [mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org] On
Behalf Of Don Szczur
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2004 6:03 PM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Cc: k-factor-articles at nsrca.org
Subject: Re: RCU

Derek, here you go.  I'm not sure my e-mail is working properly to the K
factor.

When building an pattern airplane, it is very important to seal the
ailerons.  Sometimes there is a small gap between the ailerons and the wing.

If the gap on one side is greater than the other side, it could have adverse
trim characteristics during looping maneuvers.  Here is an easy technique
for sealing control surfaces. Cut piece of clear covering strip from the
roll- 1 inch wide at one end, 3/4 inch at the other end. I fold the piece of
covering in half then tuck it into the aileron.  Then use an iron to seal
the strip starting at the base of the aileron. Clear covering folds very
well, almost like paper, so one can get a nice straight line and tuck it in
without a lot of wrinkles. It looks nicer too. Trim the excess from the tip
of the ailerons.