Lamar's Answers to Troy

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 06:07:00 AKST 2004

In a message dated 12/17/2004 12:16:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
derekkoopowitz at earthlink.net writes:

Geography issue with  regard to the Nats?  Ideally I'd like to rotate the
Nats away from Muncie  every other year - move it West one year, back to Muncie,
and then East the  following year.  Whether AMA goes for this... I don't know
but it is  something that we need to at least talk about.  Surveying the
membership  to get their opinion on this is critical - we've managed to maintain
attendance at the Nats for the past 7-8 years but I think we can do better -
even if it increases by 10 or 15 that is a huge increase in  attendance.

Hopefully I answered  the questions... if not, let me know.

-Derek (your  ex-K-Factor editor)  :)

Derek, I personally like the idea of a rotating Nats as a means to an
end--greater exposure to folks that may not be able to come to a Nats otherwise.
The positive may be that Nats organizers for the Muncie facility will then have
an extra 4 days to do with as they please, 2 out 3 years. What isn't as
certain  is what would we require of Nats organizers during those periods
(manpower,  equipment, or other logistics issues like finding suitable sites and having
AMA  distribute the paperwork), and whether AMA would be willing to help us.

If we did not need any help with anything during the off Muncie site years,
I think they would buy in. This needs careful thought

best regards and happy holidays

MattK