YS 91FZ problems still

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Thu Dec 16 17:58:03 AKST 2004

G'day Blue,
                  Spent a bit of time on the old YS 91, the new YS 91 and then the YS 110. The later models use a one-piece regulator/diaphragm gasket.

After a bunch of bad runs and the occasional prop spitting episode etc. I found the gasket to be distorted. Unfortunately, you can't just put a regular diaphragm and leak-free in its place. The regulator housing is machined different and has a sort of taper inside it where you would normally seat a diaphragm.

The answer was to fit a used regulator from a YS 1.20 (1.40's are the same). New gasket and regulator and Hey Presto! a new engine. Did it to both a 91 and a 110. Same very pleasing results on both.

Ref. The orange O-ring perishing. Never seen that before. I have seen some get cut up by the threads. I wonder if it at some time got very hot in your climate?  If you have some spare heat send some up here please :-)

Regards,

Eric.