YS 91FZ problems still

Jerry Stebbins JAStebbins at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 16 05:36:06 AKST 2004

Sounds like you may have a heating problem that is vaporizing the fuel in the regulator. Running that long without extra cooling could be causing it. Had a 1.20SC that did it both on the ground and in the air. We and YS fought it for several months and finally found a tight bearing heating up-case got hot-vaporized fuel-same symptoms. Check to see if you are getting any signs of hot spots on the case when it happens.Watch for when the bubbles just apear, shut it off and check. If you let it run it will get leaner-hotter-same symptom but hotter all over.
Jerry