Election questions

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Wed Dec 15 12:24:25 AKST 2004

Ed:
As I see it, it was transparently obvious that removing the centering
requirement would do nothing to improve the noise footprint; in fact, I
was shocked at the idea of the "zoneless" box, and utterly amazed when
it was adopted.  It was implemented solely, as I see it, because of the
constant IAC influence on IMAC.  After all, that's where IMAC came from,
as you know, and is also where IMAC likes to feel it lives.
Unfortunately, there are some in IMAC that seem to see little difference
between model airplanes and their full-size counterparts.
And, after judging at the JR Challenge, and the Masters at Triple Tree,
it was patently obvious that the new system did nothing to improve the
noise footprint.  All it really did, was to enlarge the box to a point
that, in some cases, well, it was ludicrous.  Surprisingly, I overheard
a IMAC Past President praising the new system!  I was amazed.  Looks as
if the group's opinion has changed back to the way it was before.  Good.
But--IMAC has always been quick on its feet to change something that
needed changing.  They can do so without the cumbersome "help" of the
AMA.  Like NIKE says:  just do it.  And they will do it.  Another thing
you'll remember from when you and I served on the B.O.D. together:  IMAC
never has been shy about introducing Urgent Rules Proposals.  They
occupy a unique spot: not an emergency rule requiring immediate action,
yet a request for an U.R.P. demonstrates that there is a need before the
current rules cycle ends.  A useful procedure, indeed.  But, to remove
this latest rule, (said rule proving to be a mistake, I'm sure) will
require a minimum of interaction with AMA.  In fact, possibly no
interaction at all.  Which, in this case, is as it should be.
Admitting the above is strictly my opinion.  No endorsement by anyone!<G>

Bill Glaze