Worlds Judges....(and heated debates)

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Tue Dec 14 08:28:27 AKST 2004

Well, congrats to Don and I am dead serious with no reservation. Personally
I could care less about our world judge, but I know it's important to a lot
of people so I respect the effort and hard work that goes into selecting
one. If they need to hash out and argue about how it's done, well ok, fine
with me. They do all need to respect Don and his achievements and support
him now, regardless of how he got there. I'm sure the timing for this debate
could be better.

As for the 3D thing, I just disagree. I'm sure there's more to it than
either one of us see, but I just see one side very clearly, I talk to a lot
of these guys at length and often. Why don't you see more 50+ year olds
torque rolling? You have to see past the surface to understand how to breach
the gap. But that's for another time really. Everybody who flies pattern
"gets it". To grow it, you have to know how to sell it to those that don't.
I think we're going about it wrong as a whole.

-Mike