TBLP

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Dec 13 14:41:41 AKST 2004

Well , you were the one who mentioned TBLP in the first place,
(incorrectly, in my opinion) not me.  And, I recall somewhere in the not
too distant past, you were involved in a discussion of  the possibility
of using TBLP at Muncie.  (Whether you were in favor or against, I don't
recollect.)
If you care to read the book describing TBLP, you will see that it is a
far more rigorous exercise than just a high/low discarding of scores.
In fact, it takes up 2-1/2 pages of formulas and descriptions.
As far as throwing out the high and low judges, (as we presently do) the
IAC Rule Book says, (and I quote) "Excluding the highest and lowest
judges does not remove the second or third out-of-range or biased
judges, and often does remove judges who are the most rigorous with
their scores."  Ibid P. 141
Read the book.  It's interesting.

Bill Glaze