Election Time

Lamar Blair l.blair at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 13 07:47:32 AKST 2004

I don't know whether to start this off with a HO-HO-HO, or a "Now is the time----". Along with Christmas shopping, wrapping, and building this month, we all have another very important responsibility, electing our new NSRCA Board Members!!!!!!

We should be getting a ballot shortly, and  need to read and study the candidates statements in the November K Factor, decide which ones represent your ideas and views of where NSRCA needs to be focused in the future, and then VOTE!!!!!!

If you have questions, or need clarification of the candidates positions - E-mail them and get an answer, so you can make an informed vote.

Responsiveness to the will of the membership is a key to the good administration of NSRCA.

The candidates for Secretary and Treasurer accepted a request from me to run for their positions, as part of developing a new NSRCA team, and are un-contested. Eric volunteered to run as Vice President to provide past background, and  help me with my agenda.

 Since both the President, and Vice President Positions are contested, you need to decide whether we need a new team, or not.

As I said in the K Factor, I strongly believe in an informed and involved Membership, that has easy avenues of communication with their District Representatives, and their Officers. There are many challenges for your new Officers, eg; new rules/sequence submissions, K Factor content and timeliness, judge training and  consistency, SIG/AMA interface, greater participation in the NATS, and Membership growth, to name a few.

I would appreciate your consideration as your President, and promise to provide the kind of hands-on leadership it will take, and the time and effort required to keep your trust. Also, I solicit your votes for Eric, Kathy, and Frank to put in place an experienced team that will work hard for their Membership.

Whomever you select as your candidate, and is elected, it is your responsibility to stay involved and push them to be responsive to the voice of the NSRCA Membership.

Thanks for your consideration.

Lamar Blair

NSRCA 475