Excelleron 90

Randy randy10926 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 12 17:22:51 AKST 2004

Don't remember how much it weighed.  But the wings on the Swallow were a lot heavier than the wings on the Excelleron.  The wing on the Swallow with the AL tube glued-in to join the wing halves and with the Gel coated belly pan was really heavy.  Using the same engine/muffler/prop combination, I would run out of stream at the top of loops with the Swallow.  It would just mush over the top.

Basically the same parts were in both models.  Same engine, muffler, prop, and servos.  The battery is new as it was time to replace it.

Randy