91FX

Nat Penton natpenton at centurytel.net
Sun Dec 12 15:32:00 AKST 2004

Randy I rarely check rpm but know I am turning in the 76 - 7800 range. Strong vertical, 8# airplane. 30% nitro, two shims. Choice of pipe can make a significant difference.

I  feel that I am losing little if any thrust horsepower with this setup. The larger props are more efficient and I am running lower tip speeds which further improves the efficiency, and it is quieter.

I must have a thousand flights on this piston and liner. Am pleasantly pleased they hold up so well. Also the SS sealed bearings are a blessing.