OS 91 Pipe Settings

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Sat Dec 11 15:20:35 AKST 2004

In a message dated 12/11/2004 5:37:57 PM Central Standard Time,
rcaerobob at cox.net writes:
Nope.  Just used OS as the header, figuring it would draw more info - NOT.
Flew the Exc. today four flights.  VERY good airplane, but needs the 90 on a
pipe, I'm sure.  Plus CG was nose heavy.  Report is on RCU.
    Anyone have pipes with 90's ????
   Bob.
I had a Quest with an ST S90K, with a Mueller header and a Macs quiet pipe.
Would turn a 16x6 supersonic in the air on 15%, but the thing would go
straight up forever.  Went to a 16x7 which quieted things down a little, but the
plane was very fast, and still would pull straight up out of sight.  I ran the
pipe with the stock Mueller header length. Unfortunately, I lost the airplane
last weekend, and I never really measured anything or tached it. I was gong to
try a 17x6 or a 16x4W to try to slow it down a little.  I will tell you that on
the stock muffler, the engine was a dog, but the quiet pipe really woke it up.
 Wasn't peaky, and had great mid-range with an OS-F plug and a Perry pump.
The performance amazed people in my club.  I was amazed it would pull such a
big prop.

Jon Lowe