Velcro Hold Downs?

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Fri Dec 10 08:25:33 AKST 2004

Speaking of Nomex. I have a 2 meter ship made out of Nomex that met
with an unfortunate mishap and the forward 10 or so inches of the
nose was destroyed. I have been entertaining thoughts of building up
a new nose out of balsa and joining it to the aft portion of the
fuse, however I feel quite insecure as to how the joint can be
accomplished. Is this a doable exercise and what is the best way of
achieving a strong bond. This particular airplane flew quite well
and I would like to resurrect it if possible.
TIA for any helpful hints and tips that anyone can offer.
Anxious,
Georgie