Fuse Jig

Tim Taylor twtaylor at ftc-i.net
Thu Dec 9 09:30:24 AKST 2004

I'm in the process of designing and building a new fuse/wing/stab jig. In the past for the vert fin I've used a square to set this angle but I've also used a string of fishing line screwed into the ceiling and weighed down so the string has to be straight. I align the jig to the string which aligns the jig to absolute level lateraly so when I chuck up the fuse the vert fin "should" be prefectly straight. Once I chuck the fuse up if I bump something it's very easy to check if it's off. This way I don't care if the table is perfectly level or not. Anyone got a better way?