Monokote Trim Solvent

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Tue Dec 7 09:46:32 AKST 2004

It would appear that Mr.Kababjian is absolutely correct. I just went
and tried it out.
With Monokote you get one shot to position things and if you miss by
the slightest amount you're cooked. The bond is good for eternity.
On the Ultra the stuff discolors the surface and the bond can be
pulled apart for quite a significant period of time.
In my expereience, Ultra over Ultra is way easier than Mono! If you
keep one end up in the air and work from the opposite end with an
iron, it goes down with absolutely no bubbles. The same technique
can be used with Mono and the same results can be achieved, but I
can only perform this on a solid surface. On open bay wings I cannot
get a bubbleless application.
People have commented "how did you do that without any bubbles?",
but I can see 'em!!!!
Georgie