Digital / standare Servo question (HITEC)

Ed Alt Ed_Alt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 14:20:19 AKST 2004

Re Hitec servo accuracy, you can achieve a similar effect by adding between 1/16 to 3/32 of slop per control linkage and stay with your current servos.  Sure they work and they are cheaper, but they have been measured to have 5 to 6 times less centering accuracy than a good Futaba or JR digital servo. The difference is enough to see without even hooking them up to a protractor pointer.  It's obvious in a side-by-side comparison on the bench and you can definitely feel it in the air.

They are great sport servos though.

Ed