elevator pushrod exits

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Mon Dec 6 07:31:16 AKST 2004

Use your arrow or C/F shaft extended as a centering device into an over
sized brass piece in the rudder post in line with the connected points of
servo to horns--allow for ball links, etc.  Install the servo and horns,
make the pushrods fairly long--8-10", lay the pushrod on the bottom of the
fuse with the shaft centered, bend the rods out to the horn locations withe
the servo end located at the servo attachment point.  Takes a certain amount
of eyeballing and triangulation--but you can get it dead nuts on if you take
your time.  You want NO bends in the pushrods except the ones coming off the
shaft--and those as small an angle as possible.  Make sure there is no
binding--only glue the centering tube in after the set-up is complete.

Richard S.