Excelleron Closer

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Fri Dec 3 05:47:08 AKST 2004

On Dec 2, 2004, at 8:38 PM, Bob Pastorello wrote:

> Magnum 1.20 looked SO BAD (poor finish, casting, machining) plus it
> was missing the carb!!!  So it went back home.
>     Will try the Tiger Shark 91.  IF it's too puny, I'll do the Tiger
> Shark 1.20...these are very nice looking inside and out!

My only experience with Tiger Shark engines was with the .40.  It
was/is a very powerful engine.  The early engines were so powerful and
the con rod was so puny that you had to use at least a 10x7 or 11x6
prop or excessive top end RPM would cause the con rod to fail in
spectacular fashion.

Ron Van Putte