Hatch latches and canopy mounting

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Thu Dec 2 20:03:36 AKST 2004

The question about canopy fastenings really depends upon how many times you
need to take the canopy off.  If you need to fasten wings or fit
battery-packs then the retainers have to handle high usage. If it is a
'once-in-a-while requirement I go for 4-40's and-blind nuts. The 4-40's are
"locked" using the black tubing normally used for gas engines.

For frequent removing , the latch needs to exert light pressure on the
contact faces to avoid wear and rattle. I suspect that Jason needs to put
batteries in his plane quite often. The glider guys have many solutions to
this problem but the best I have seen on a pattern plane is that described
by Deano and used by George Asteris.

Regards,

Eric.