AMA Insurance

Todd Schmidt tschmidt at classicnet.net
Tue Aug 31 17:54:17 AKDT 2004

Ron is correct! AMA insurance is secondary liability coverage after your homeowners liability limit is exceeded. It protects you if you are negligent for property damage or bodily injury to others. Your homeowners policy should cover your airplane stuff the same as your other personal property under the "wind peril".

Also, If you would turn on by mistake and shoot someone down while they are flying, look to your homeowners liability section for coverage to help replace the other persons plane.

I only mention this due to a story I heard of what happened at the NATS. Someone shot another down, in return received a bill for damages of around 4K. Hard pill to swallow on your own!

Todd Schmidt
patternflyer/insurance agent