YS 60 info

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Tue Aug 31 16:29:59 AKDT 2004

Round head is a YS 60. This was short stroke motor. Good props are 11-9's
12-9's and so on.

It has square looking head it was a 61 and was a long stroke. Several
versions on this one and I only had one of them. The Hanno came out about
the same time and that was the easy to use 61 of the day. The YS long
strokes ran like the Hanno 12-12's and 13-10's but it was a little more
sensitive to some things than the Hanno. We ran 20-25% nitro in them and
they made huge power for the day.

That YS pressure system was just awesome on the 2 strokes back in the "old"
days. Best Pump system available. The Heli guys are now seeing the benefits
of the new YS heli motors. I have heard that the new 91 2 stroke heli motor
is just killer.

Troy