Current meter

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Aug 30 15:53:38 AKDT 2004

> On Aug 25, 2004, at 2:22 PM, Bill Glaze wrote:
>
>> Please keep the group informed on your success level with the Sears
>> current meter.  Could be of use for all of us curious types.  (Well,
>> most of us aren't curious types; we're just ordinary guys who are
>> curious.  Should have phrased it better! :-)

Guys- I finally was able to test the Sears current meter I bought.
BTW, I was mistaken about the cost; it was $39.95, not $29.95.

I tested it relative to a professional-grade meter the club
electric-airplane guru has.  We did parallel testing up to 56 amps,
which was the current draw of highest-drawing motor on the field that
day.   All readings were within 0.1 amp of each other.  I am very
pleased.

Ron Van Putte