St. Louis Contest

Ed White edvwhite at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 10:41:47 AKDT 2004

Brian,

You are correct:  Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri,
Nebraska and Oklahoma.  And thank you all for coming!

Here's a quick report.  We had 27 contestants.  These
folks took home hardware:

Sportsman (4 total)
1	Bob Hesskamp		3993.174
2	George Ashley		3972.586
3	Al Bone			3822.008

Intermediate (7 total)
1	Mike Howard		3977.492
2	Frank Delgiuoice	3867.918
3	Eugene Villa		3865.126

Advanced (6 total)
1	Todd Schmidt		3991.624
2	Chris White		3985.093
3	Joe Dunnaway		3931.412

Masters (8 total)
1	Bob Satalino		4000.000
2	Brian Young		3911.230
3	Jim Hubbard		3868.650

F3A (2 total)
1	Bill Ahrens		4000.000
2	Dan Curtis		3039.922

As for the weather, on Friday the forecast for
Saturday was 80% probability of don't even think about
flying.  But the weather held off.  Sunday it was
passable, after the ceiling came up a little.  Somehow
we got six full rounds and got done by 2:30.  As CD my
next move is clear - go buy some lottery tickets just
in case I have any luck left.

Lastly the perseverance award goes to Tom "downwind
landing is an artform" Phistry.  Perhaps he will share
his engine tuning methods with us.  Ran great on most
every practice flight and flamed out on most every
contest round.  I think it had no idea what to do with
70-80 degree weather in St. Louis in August.

Hope to see you all in St. Louis next year and in
Springfield in two weeks.

Ed White

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail