Using check valve in YS 140DZ fuel system

Peter Pennisi pentagon.systems at bigpond.com
Mon Aug 30 03:08:33 AKDT 2004

Some flying buddies of mine have been having a discussion about using a
check-valve in the fuel system to essentially stop fuel from dripping out of
the vent line. I have been using this system without any problems that I
know off for some time. One of the pattern flyers I fly with is very good
with engines and he doesn't think it is a very good idea to use the valve in
the DZ fuel system as the tank will always have a slight pressure build up
inside which may result in inconsistent engine runs. I don't know about his
theory but I do know that all the Japanese flyers at the recent CAOCC event
were using check valves in the fuel system.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who may have an opinion on this
subject.

Regards,

Peter