[SPAM] fuel

jivey61 at bellsouth.net jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 29 15:43:42 AKDT 2004

 Guys
 A question for the chemist out there.I have been using fuel from a aluminum fuel box that holds tools also.Have had considerable engine problems. Now I found it. The fuel box is contaminating the fuel./ The fuel is Mach 7 30% heli and is a bright cool aid orange when poored in the box. I dumped it the other day and it is a deep dirty purple.As the box would get empty I would refill,so I was continously changing the % of good and bad fuel.Therefore the inconsistant engine runs.I use about 15 cases of fuel a year,so I would not have thought I would need to clean the tank.
My thoughts are that the nitro is reacting with the aluminum causing this trouble.
Would some one verify my thoughts for me.

Thanks
Jim Ivey