8411SA oscillation

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Mon Aug 23 07:16:00 AKDT 2004

Hello All,
There is another scenario that causes this, and it only rears its head if the cables are tight.
If one cable slackens at the extremes of travel, and both tighten near neutral, then the cable
tension will snatch the servo through neutral, and cause an oscillation.
The cure is to fix the control geometry at either the rudder or servo end.
Regards,
	Dean P.

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer