8411SA oscillation

Scott Smith js.smith at verizon.net
Mon Aug 23 02:30:13 AKDT 2004

I had the same problem not too long ago.  Turned out the tail wheel steering
spring was just strong enough to sustain the oscillations.  The fix was to
remove the spring and install a piece of yellow nyrod for a tiller.

I've also seen pieces of foam installed under the rudder servo control horn
to provide some dampening.

Scott