ES Composits CF landing gear

Chris Moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 20 08:54:35 AKDT 2004

Hi Steve -
    I replaced my Eclipse aluminum gear w/ the ES about 75 flights ago.
The size and shape are almost identical to the Eclipse.  The weight
savings was closer to 3oz total.  The alum gear was 6oz for both legs vs
about 3oz for the ES.  It has held up just fine, and actually seems to
be easier on the gear mount and fuse since it absorbs some landing
"stress" rather than transmit the stress directly to the gear mount like
the alum gear did.  I'm ordering another set for my Eclipse #2
Chris