Apopka (FL) Contest

ORLANDO FRETS ojfrets at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 19 16:04:41 AKDT 2004

HI guys in District 3. The following are motels I have called and they have
vacancies.
1) Best Western (several vacancies)
10945 West Colonial
Ocoee, FL
407-656-5050
$74.00 +tax

2)LU-RAE Motel (several vacancies)
3400 S. Highway 17-92
Casselberry, FL
407-339-2470
$50.00 +tax

3) Ramada Inn (several vacancies)
North Lee Rd near Highway 17-92
407-644-8000
$59.95 +tax

4) La Quinta Inn
626 Lee Rd
407-645-5600
They do not have vacancies this evening, but expect to have tomorrow
morning.

There are many other motels in the area that I'm sure have vacancies.  I
will be at the flying field tomorrow Friday about 1 PM. If you are there
and are still looking, we can try calling up some motels. I'll bring the
yellow pages.

You may also try www.hotels.com and see what you can get. Just look for
West Orlando, Apopka, Winter Park or Maitland.

Also, at the intersection of I-4 and SR 436 are a few motels. At the
intersection of Lee Rd and I-4 are more hotels. On SR 50 there are more
hotels.

The situation arose this week with the closing of all the schools in
Central Florida, many people took vacations and some just stayed to extend
their stay from the hurricane.
Hope this helps.
You may also call me on my cell phone 407-694-9720

I believe Ken Blackwell and Jim Woodward are staying at the Howard Johnson.

ORLANDO FRETS
ojfrets at earthlink.net