Tuned pipes for dummies....feedback sought???

Fletcher, Richard Richard.Fletcher at gs.com
Wed Aug 18 13:16:40 AKDT 2004

Best thing to do is to insulate the pipe from the mount and clamp or O-ring.
Best material I have found is high temperature RTV gasket material. I make
my own using automotive high temp gasket material rated at 350 degrees and
laminating high temp RTV onto it by placing two parallel pieces of 1/8 balsa
spaced about 4 inches apart on the automotive gasket material and then
squeegee on the RTV. I had to develop this technique for mounting canisters
and pipes on my gas engines which run even hotter then 4S engines.

Rich