Arkansas Championships - From Mike Harrison

Gene Maurice gene.maurice at comcast.net
Mon Aug 16 18:24:47 AKDT 2004

ARKANSAS AEROBATIC CHAMPIONSHIPS

OCTOBER 2&3,2004

HOT SPRINGS, ARKANSAS

HOT SPRINGS R/C CLUB

EVENTS:

401-SPORTSMAN 402-INTERMEDIATE 403-ADVANCED 404-MASTERS 406-FAI

NOTE: AMA classes will fly 5 rounds.  FAI will fly PO-5 on Sat. and FO-5 on
Sun.

REGISTRATION: Friday afternoon and before 8 am Saturday morning.

ENTRY FEE:  $30-includes lunch

FLYING TIME: Pilots meeting 8 AM. We will start at 8:30 sharp Saturday
morning and stop at 12 Noon on Sunday.  We will be finished by 1pm.

ACCOMMODATIONS:

               Closest-Downtowner 800-251-1962

                             Velda Rose 1-888-624-3311,  (70.00)
designated hotel

               Historic-Arlington Hotel  623-7771

                 Others-Avanelle 321-1332, Sands 624-1258, Austin Hotel
623-6600

There are several other motels in the area as well, these are the closest to
the site.  Make your reservations early because there are always lots of
conventions, etc. This weekend is Octoberfest, so do make those
reservations.  All the hotels I have listed are downtown.  The Velda Rose is
the group rate.

DIRECTIONS:                                           CONTEST DIRECTOR

Go to Hot Springs, Arkansas.                  Mike Harrison

Go downtown.  You will be on                 122 Corporate Terrace

Central Avenue (Highway 7).                   Hot Springs,  Arkansas

Go north to the end of Central,               drmike at ipa.net

there will be a large round water             501-525-0545

 fountain and turnaround.

Go left then IMMEDIATELY RIGHT

On CEDAR.  Stay on CEDAR to

 CEDARGLADES.Bear right on