Omaha contest

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 07:29:01 AKDT 2004

 I just want to thank the guys in Omaha for putting on a fantastic contest over the weekend. The weather was as good as it gets and Brad and all the Omahawk members put on a great event. We had around 35 fliers and we pretty much got all our flights in. I think we had flyers from 8 states too. We needed to fly until 8pm on Saturday night but I didn't hear 1 person complain about it.
 Also the worst thing I say happen during the entire weekend was when Craig Leonard scuffed his prop on a takeoff. Besides that there wasn't even a bad landing.
 Also it was a thrill for me to see CW Reed flying again. It's probably the 1st time I've seen him fly in 25 years. We shared some memories of the 1968 Nats that turns out was the 1st we both flew in. Your the best 80 year old flyer I've ever seen Charlie and Bobby Satalino says he still loves ya.
 I'll always try to make it out west for at least 1 contest a year because pattern is really thriving in the area and the people are the best.
                                                                          Mike Mueller

http://mail.yahoo.com