Webra update

RC Steve Sterling rcsteve at tcrcm.org
Fri Aug 13 20:48:17 AKDT 2004

Webra updateyaaa hooo.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: discussion-request at nsrca.org [mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org]On
Behalf Of Gordon Anderson
  Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 8:43 PM
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Subject: Webra update

  Today I flew my Hydeout with the Webra 1.45 with a lot of success. I think
I flew about 6 flights with no dead stick landings. Here are the changes I
made to my orginal setup.

  1.) Installed a bubbleless tank with a foam clunk.
  2.) Replaced the bearings, front and rear. Used boca bearings with a high
speed bearing in the front. The front bearing had a shield where the orginal
did not

  3.) I reduced the pump pressure 1 full turn.
  I'm not sure what did the trick or if it was a combination of things. Its
running great right now pulling my Hydeout around link crazy.

  One thing I noticed when I was replacing the bearings that is worth
noting. The top two mounting bolts that hold the backplate on are drilled
and taped through the case into the ports in the engine. The bad thing is
they never de-burred these holes and large burrs were hanging on the holes.
Sooner or later they would come lose and gone through the motor. You might
want to check yours out.

  Tomorrow is a contest and I will be flying it, so I'll let you all know
how it goes!

  --Gordon