hopper theory & practice

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 06:03:01 AKDT 2004

I agree with Bob.  It is just pressure drop on the lines.  The longer the lines more pressure drop we will have.  That is why we need to add a pump when we don't have the hopper thank abd the fuel tank is close to the CG..  Also, the hopper tank acts as a reservoir that will supply the additional fuel required during critical positions.  If the critical posistion last too long you could have a problem as Brian said.  That is why the pumps are more reliable in the long critical positions.
Vicente Bortone