OS 160 P-30 combination

rcaerobob at cox.net rcaerobob at cox.net
Thu Aug 12 09:54:27 AKDT 2004

Depends on who you ask, Rich.  Both of mine were bolt in, adjust ONCE, and forget.  Many flights now, no problems.  Key is running the pump out of fuel to prevent gumming up the works, and having it properly located.

In years past, *I* was one of those with brooding hatred of the Perry pump...either THEY learned and improved, or *I* did - don't know which, maybe both.

At any rate, the current VP-30 is a no-brainer to run properly.

Bob P.
Chinese ARF Flier

> From: "Fletcher, Richard" <Richard.Fletcher at gs.com>
> Date: 2004/08/12 Thu PM 01:34:58 EDT
> To: "'discussion at nsrca.org'" <discussion at nsrca.org>
> Subject: OS 160 P-30 combination
>
> How reliable are these pumps? I remember in years past that Perry pumps were
> garbage. I recall clearly that when guys used them they actually lost RPM.
> Anyone experience any failures? I have heard that the pressure fluctuates
> with weather, anyone have any experience with that. How difficult is the
> P-30 to adjust, do you need to go through an acclimation phase and deal with
> a learning curve?
>

> Thanks, Rich
> and follow the instructions.

Bob Pastorello, El Reno, OK, USA