Enlightening Experience

William C. Harden flyinbill1 at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 9 14:25:41 AKDT 2004

Bob,

That's ok.  Several years ago I was removing the crankshaft from my YS
120 AC so that I could replace the bearings and the crankshaft appeared
to be a little stuck.  So by golly I got out my hammer and gave the
crankshaft a little whack.  That didn't work, so I whacked it a little
harder.  Now I was becoming angry.  After a few hefty whacks I was
wondering what the devil could be holding the darn thing in.  Well,
after much observation and reference to the engine manual I finally
figured out I had to remove the Cam Gear first.  Needless to say the Cam
Gear was destroyed.  I just chalked it up to experience and ordered a
new Cam Gear.  It wouldn't have so bad if I had learned the lesson.  But
no!!  A year later I learned it again.  But, I DID LEARN THE LESSON.
Very costly, oh yes, very costly.  And my ego was a bit bruised.

Bill