wind correction wings level

rcaerobob at cox.net rcaerobob at cox.net
Mon Aug 9 10:02:17 AKDT 2004

And - there are those who DO, and those who DO NOT, then those who CAN, and those who CANNOT.  Believe me, KNOWING it, DOING it, and *SEEING* IT are all very differnet things!!!!

Great discussion topic!  Great reply Wayne/Don!
Question - were we doing it??

Bob P.

> From: "Wayne Galligan" <wgalligan at goodsonacura.com>
> Date: 2004/08/09 Mon PM 01:58:45 EDT
> To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
> Subject: wind correction wings level
>
> Jim,
>
> Don Ramsey and I where having this very conversation on the way back from
> Lubbock this weekend.  Where the wind never blows....heh!  heh!  Actually
> Saturday(some wind late in day)and Sunday there was absolutely beautiful
> weather with a light wind blowing out.  I was asking him about how to make
> that correction with out losing the wings level.  Seems we both came to the
> same conclusion that in order to make the maneuver look right was to roll
> adjust all the way through the arc of the maneuver, else I would be on a
> different heading due to the crab that occurs before entering the looping
> segment.  OR  I could rudder correct going in to the looping segment and
> risk a downgrade because of smoothness and a possible change in attitude of
> the airplane as it passes through the loop.   In other woods I agree with
> you.  I was under the impression that straightening the plane prior to the
> looping segment was the way to keep wings level in the arc of the loop but I
> have found using the roll correction that you described works best.
>
> Wayne Galligan

Bob Pastorello, El Reno, OK, USA
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net