OS pipes

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Sun Aug 8 17:11:09 AKDT 2004

MessageIt's this one....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDG59&P=ML

Blue body...glow fuel.

Bob Pastorello
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Fletcher, Richard
  To: 'vicenterc at comcast.net' ; discussion at nsrca.org ; 'discussion at nsrca.org'
  Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 10:43 AM
  Subject: RE: OS pipes

  Can you tell me if the P-30 that Bob mentions is listed here? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=perry+pumps&FVPROFIL=++

  Thanks, Rich

    -----Original Message-----
    From: vicenterc at comcast.net [mailto:vicenterc at comcast.net]
    Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 11:33 AM
    To: discussion at nsrca.org; 'discussion at nsrca.org'
    Cc: Fletcher, Richard

    I forgot to tell you.  I am runing 3 blade prop (15.75-13 re-piched to 11) in a Focus I.  It has been the best plane - prop combination for me.  I know tha Bob Pastorello has been using 3 and 4 blade props.  I am sure that he will see these e-mails and give you some more advice.

    Good luck,

    Vicente Bortone

      Would someone send me a chart detailing the different pipe options that I could use with an OS 140 and 160? For instance -
      Manufacturer Model Cost Weight
      Grieves
      MAC
      OS
      etc ...
      I have a Focus II coming and need to order an engine. Does anyone know where I can find one? I understand that the retailers are out of stock. Also, of the various props, 17X12, 16X14, 3 bladed, etc., which one gives the best downline braking? Last question is about the header options, what are the costs and sizes of the various ones on the market. When I ran the OS 140 in 1997 I used a Mac header with an extension tube and a MAC tuned piped But if I recall correctly it was a .20 size pipe to simply act as a muffler. I detuned the engine so that it turned an APC 16X13N at 8100. Even that was a bit fast for the plane, a Steve Stricker Excalibur II, which was a big plane at the time. All help is appreciated.
      Thanks, Rich