Fw: OS 160 soft mount question

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Aug 7 11:28:08 AKDT 2004

McMaster Carr has a variety of these in their catalog. You guys might want to
try that source.

I have used the 1"x3/4" rubber isolators with the 1/4-20 stud, in a 1/3rd
scale job, isolating a BME102cc twin and that worked pretty well. Five of these
large isolators were enough for the large gassie. Two or three of same would
work fine for the 25-30 cc engines we run in Pattern. The large isolators are
about 1 oz each but have at least 4X the shear strength of the 5/8" isolators
with the 8-32 stud.

mattK
I tried the setup on a 1.45 size engine using five lord isolators and a
backplate to mount to the engine. It required a nosering as engine movement was
significant. The lord mounts tended to pull apart. The lord mounts are available
at some hardware stores.

I'll try it this way--Part 1    RS